I don’t know about you but I was obsessed with the Royal Wedding over the weekend and couldn’t get enough of the pictures and A-list celebrity Instagram posts for a sneak peak into what it was like being a guest at such a grand affair! That got me thinking back to my own wedding that was almost 8 years ago in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on June 19, 2010.
Note: I married a Yankees fan but I still heart the Phillie Phanatic
I’ll be posting a three part series of our amazing honeymoon in Asia leading up to our 8th wedding anniversary on June 19, 2018. If my last post about Kyoto or this one about Tokyo doesn’t convince you that Asia should be on the top of your travel list, I hope this series of recaps from Thailand, Hong Kong, and Indonesia will!
We had an amazing trip prepared just for us where we left the States on June 21, 2010 and returned on July 4, 2010. Let’s get started in Bangkok.
8 things to make your Bangkok trip great:
1. Treat yo’self to an upgrade. It’s a long flight, and there’s champagne!
2. Stay at The Peninsula Bangkok or at least try to enjoy a beverage at the River Bar.
3. Go to the Sky Bar at the State Tower, or simply enjoy the skyline from across the river like we did.
4. Visit a couple of temples, we started with the Grand Palace.
5. Visit an elephant farm.
6. Watch live Muay Thai at Lumpinee Boxing Stadium.
7. Go to all the markets, we enjoyed the floating market and more!
8. Try something new, like fried bugs, but if you aren’t that adventurous maybe start with durian (the stinky fruit)?!
And much more! These are just the highlights so head on over to my Bangkok page to read more about the first stop on our three part honeymoon in Asia!
Question: What tops your list in Bangkok?